February 28, 2017

Review | L'Óreal vs Inglot Gel liners

I find the eyeliner a basic step for every makeup. You can only use an eyeliner and a mascara and you will immediately glow. And that's pretty much the effortless and everyday look that I love.
I started with pencils, then liquid eyeliners, and most recently, I decided to try gel liners. I didn't know what to buy and after researching a little bit, I decided to try the L'Óreal one. Then, an Inglot store opened, so I decided to try their gel eyeliner, mostly because of the great reviews I read about it. Neither of them is perfect but I do have my favourite, so I will compare and review them.

L'Óreal Super Liner gel Intenza 
It comes with a brush (a very nice one in my opinion) which is, of course, a big plus, and I think it's ideal for begginers. It's definitely not bad, but it promises too much. It's super creamy and really easy to apply. Also, it dries quickly so you can easily build extra layers. The packaging is very elegant with its golden lid and glass container, and it's affordable (7,95€, at Primor). For me, the major drawback is the durability. It breaks and smudges reaaaaally quick (maybe you can wear it nicely for 3 hours) even if I try to prime my eyes. I think this product is no better that many liquid liners (I think the ones from Essence are way better in terms of durability and way more affordable) so I will probably not buying this again.
Pigmentation - 5/5
Duration - 2/5 
Waterproof - 2/5
Texture - 5/5
Smearproof - 3/5
Price - 5/5

Inglot gel liner 
I found so many good reviews that after my disappointment with the L'Óreal liner, I decided to give this one a go. As far of pigmentation, cremosity and amount goes, I think it's easily comparable to the L'Óreal one. The packing is not as beautiful, but since it's plastic it's lighter. If I'm honest, I didn't find it to better than the L'Óreal liner in any way. It will smudge and transfer after some hours or rightaway if the weather is humid. It's more expensive - 11€, but I still think it's pretty affordable, considering Inglot's price tags. It did not achieve my expectations whatsoever but everything considered, it's a nice product. 
Pigmentation - 5/5
Duration - 3/5 
Waterproof - 2/5
Texture - 5/5
Smearproof - 3/5
Price - 4/5

The worst thing about them is the fact that I can't consider them reliable products. This because they can wear really nice one day and the other will probably ruin your makeup. However, everything considered, if I had to choose, I'd go with the L'Óreal Super Liner gel Intenza

If you have some tips on how to make them work, please please please let me know. 
Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment