April 18, 2017

Regrets, regrets, regrets...

It's always exciting to try new products, but when they don't meet our expectations (realistic or not...) it turns into a complete downer. It's always useful to check the reviews before buying anything but I admit I only do that before buying something that's actually expensive. However, we don't have reviews for every single product so sometimes we just have to believe the claims. Today I'm sharing my opinion on these products that disapointed me in one way or another, so if you are thinking about buying any of these and you're expecting them to perform the same way I was, I just hope I can save you some money. Nonetheless, if you have a trick or two on how to make them to work, I would love to know.
Syoss smooth anti-frizz lotion - based on my previous experience with Syoss' products, I should know better by now. But I decided to give this one a go (and the fact that it was 50% off helped me to decide) and I couldn't be more disappointed. I was looking for a product that I could apply everyday to smooth and reduce the frizziness without weighing the hair. Well it claims all that that and on top of that it clearly states "without stickiness", so what could go wrong? Nothing, if you're blessed with nice thick and dense hair, I imagine. But those of you that, like me, have thin hair can only enjoy this if you're looking for a permanent wet look due to the, supposedly inexistent, stickiness. If I use it before blow-drying my hair, it won't look wet but it'll be sticky. I didn't notice my hair any smoother or controlled, so I really don't know the use of this product.
The Body Shop Drops of Sun - I was so happy when I heard that Body Shop released these line of shade adjusting products. Imaging myself having just one foundation and being able to match my tone perfectly troughout the year sounded like a dream come true. However, the lady at the store convinced me to buy this one that suposedly was meant to just give you some glow; she said it would be easier to control because it is not as pigmented as the shade adjusting product, so this one, being less intense, would allow me to create the correct tone. It actually works only if you use a ton of product, but being so liquidy, if you mix a lot of drops with your foundation, it will be extremely runny and the application and finish will change. So, since I didn't like how it turned out, I decided to use it as a "glow creator" (one of the claims), but I didn't notice any glow whatsoever, so I don't see the point of this product. Yes, it is not the true shade adjusting product so I shouldn't be complaining about it, but the employees should absolutely not lead you into that direction.
Bonté body cream Sweet Coconut - the only reason I bought this was because I wanted something that smelled like vacations and summer. It does smell like coconut but there is also a very intense chemical scent present, like plastic or so. And on top of that, when you start massaging it in your skin, it will create some white particles, and I believe it's not suppose to happen. So, big fail.
Kiko Milano long lasting colour Lip Marker - I always loves deep berry tones for the lips so I bought the shade 106 Apple Red and this being a lip marker was definitely something I wanted to try. The first time I tried this was enough for me to regret buying this product. It sinks in every single line of your lips and, as you can see, the colour is not even whatsoever. It's actually a pity because I do think it lasts a very long time on the lips (obviously I never wore it more than 5 minutes, but I do spend another 5 minutes trying to take it off, so it makes me think it's really long lasting). I tried to use a lip liner first but the result is the same so I would say, at least this shade, is a big no-no.

Take care! *

No comments:

Post a Comment